Who is Mike Beal MFinP, MBA, ADFP, AFP®
- Master of Financial Planning Degree (MFinP)
- Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA)
- Advanced Diploma Financial Planning (ADFP)
- Financial Planner AFP (AFP), Member of Financial Planning Association of Australia
Originally from New Zealand, Mike Beal comes from a family of financial planners, making finance a natural passion in his blood. He kick-started his career as an investment adviser in London and later expanded his expertise by providing financial advice to expatriates in diverse locations such as Indonesia, China, and Thailand.
Mike's journey then led him into bank financial planning, where he served as a Senior Financial Planner at both ANZ Bank and Westpac Banking Corporation. With over two decades of experience under his belt, Mike possesses a wealth of knowledge and a proven track record in the industry.
When you spend time with Mike, you'll not only gain valuable financial insights but also experience genuine care for your financial future. Honesty and reliability are at the core of his approach, fostering a sense of trust and confidence in his clients.
Beyond his professional life, Mike enjoys pursuing various interests, including golf, travel, dining out, and spending quality time with friends. His well-rounded personality adds a personal touch to the financial services he provides, making him a well-respected and approachable figure on the Sunshine Coast.
Advice process for Mike's Sunshine Coast Financial Planning Clients
Why Choose Mike?
- Firstly I want to really understand your situation and what you want to achieve
- I want to help you increase your knowledge and succeed. Investments and superannuation seem complex – but they’re not! There’s only 4 types of investment – cash, bonds, property and shares, they’re not nearly as difficult to understand as most financial professionals make out
- I will respect your assets, regardless of the amount involved. It’s your money. You’ve worked hard for it. I will respect it.
- I want to solve your problems not sell you a product
- I will monitor your progress towards your goals
- I will keep in touch on a regular basis
- Because I'll treat you like I would family
- Because I'm like you - I chose to live on the Sunshine Coast, the most beautiful place on earth!
- Because our customer service is awesome - we return calls and emails fast and we take responsibility for our actions
- Because I'm the sole owner and director - I care about every one of my clients
- Because I have over 20 years experience and am very well qualified
Is Mike Beal, your Sunshine Coast Financial Planner, the right fit for you?
If you are a diligent saver who has accumulated investment/retirement assets of $500,000 or more and you are planning retirement or have retired, then please contact us.
Meet the Team
Meet Jenny Gilligan, Personal Assistant
Jenny has been working in financial services for over 20 years on the Sunshine Coast, and loves everything about the Sunshine Coast lifestyle. Jenny enjoys travelling and is a frequent visitor to Japan. Jenny loves to ski, spend time with her family including two children (at university in Brisbane) and her crazy Cocker Spaniel rescue dog, Koah.
Meet Allese Pepperell, Paraplanner
Allese has been working in financial services since 2005 in a variety of roles including client service management and Senior Paraplanner. Allese describes herself as a bookworm, lover of the great outdoors and a plant-obsessed closet nerd! Allese is from Bendigo in Victoria.
Meet Darwin (Dars) Aranas, Customer Services Officer
Dars comes to us with 8 years of administrative services experience. Dars enjoys spending his free time with his Maltese dog, Perry. Dars is an outgoing individual who enjoys being in nature and traveling. We are excited to welcome Dars to the team, having joined Mike Beal Financial Planning in 2023.
The Mike Beal Financial Planning Christmas Party, December 2023
We had a delightful lunch on the Esplanade in Cotton Tree because our planned seaplane scenic flight from Maroochy River got canceled. Apparently, the plane needed maintenance, and the parts arrived late (boo!).
The Mike Beal Financial Planning Christmas Party, December 2022
A much more sedate affair in 2022 with a cooking lesson at the Spirit House Restaurant in Yandina!
The Mike Beal Financial Planning Christmas Party, December 2021
Well, Jenny and Allese certainly got a surprise for our Christmas party! Whilst I had mentioned we were going on a 'mystery activity' - you can imagine their surprise when we were not going on a 'Hinterland walk' - but were actually going skydiving! Mike should have asked if Jenny and Allese were scared of heights (turns out both are scared of heights!) - but they still went through with it!
Ready to discuss your financial future with Mike?
Then book in an introductory session and find out what makes him different to other Sunshine Coast financial planners